Every year, our Global Community Survey gives us a crucial glimpse into what our community needs. The feedback we receive shows us what support and guidance is required in order for us to better help female entrepreneurs in their business journeys in the coming year. 2022 was no different, and we are excited to share the results with you!
Want to take part in our survey for 2023? This is, once again, our opportunity to learn where you need the most support in your business so that we can create resources and tools that will be beneficial for you and your business. Complete the survey here.
FF Global Community Survey Analysis 2022
- 97% of entrepreneurs benefit from female-focused communities.
- 64% of entrepreneurs benefit from connection & conversation in a business community.
- 80% of entrepreneurs said the skill they need to learn the most is sales & marketing.
- The biggest challenges entrepreneurs face are:
- Lack of funding/access to capital
- Not being able to market themselves correctly
- Fear of failure
- 53% of entrepreneurs start a new business because they are passionate about their idea and because they want to achieve their dream lifestyle.
- The top 3 areas entrepreneurs want to master are:
- Digital marketing
- Starting/Kicking off
- 40% of entrepreneurs say they need more education, training, resources, and templates to help them succeed in business.
- The #1 reason entrepreneurs start a new business is because they are looking for a gap in the market.
- 2022’s biggest focus?
- Marketing, advertising, and sales
- Perfecting a product or service
- Starting a business
- Setting up or optimising processes
- 83% of entrepreneurs say their main source of investment is bootstrapping or self-funding
- 33% of entrepreneurs say the biggest challenge they are facing in their business is having the right mindset. 21% say personal finances is the biggest challenge.
- 65% of entrepreneurs say other entrepreneurs in the industry would be the most valuable to connect with.
- What support is needed?
- 52% say building impactful partnerships
- 48% say marketing sales & advertising
- What entrepreneurs perceived as success for 2022 at the start of the year:
- 45% said a certain amount of annual turnover
- 40% said a certain number of clients or followers
- The #1 thing entrepreneurs find most valuable from engaging with female-focused communities is likemindedness.
- 39% of entrepreneurs said that they have engaged with LinkedIn Business in the past 6 months.
Remember to take our 2023 survey HERE!