So, you’re starting a business – or maybe you’ve already started one – but now that time has come to sell, you’re getting cold feet?
There’s a lot of psychology behind sales, for example, did you know that it takes around 8 interactions with a potential customer to know, like, and trust you enough to purchase? It’s all about the process, psychology, messaging, and a solid system.
When we spoke to our Future Females community, a lot of their fears came from being ‘too salesy’. But what does that really mean? How do you scale your sales? Well, of course, we want to sell and make our business a success, but we don’t want people to feel like we’re shoving it down their throats. It’s a fine line between inviting potentials to be a part of your venture and making hard sales.
Are these fears sounding familiar? If you’re not sure this is you, have a look at our ‘sales fear’ checklist:
- Lacking confidence when writing sales content – what to say, how to say it, and how to put yourself out there.
- You’ve tried a sales campaign before but were disappointed by the results and would like to try a different approach.
- You’re doing everything right – posting on social media, sending out emails and pursuing other marketing avenues but nothing is connecting or converting your audience.
- Your previous launches have been mentally draining and you’re sure there must be an easier way.
- What worked last year isn’t performing the same this year.
Did you get a score of ⅖ or more? Here are 3 of our top tips for overcoming that fear:
- Figure out what you’re actually afraid of – is it that you’re scared of ‘failure’? Are you worried no one will buy from you? What is the stem of your sales anxiety?
- Re-ignite your enthusiasm for your offer – if you’re excited about something, the chances are you’ll transmit those feelings when talking about what you offer. Now, instead of selling, you’re story-telling and people tend to remember that more than shared statistics.
- Keep track of your successes – note down your wins, even if they’re small. This practice helps you to see the bigger picture of positive steps in the right direction.
Looking for more useful insights? Instead of spending the year pulling your hair out in frustration, join the Future Females team for a FREE 4-day mini-course to #ScaleYourSales. Gain insight into tried and tested methods designed to get you real results.
To join the course, make sure you’ve requested to join the private Facebook group and (we will only be admitted members into the group on Sunday 21st February) – and block your calendar for our ‘Welcome Drinks’ on Sunday 21st Feb 4PM (UK) 5PM (EU) 6PM (SA).
We know you’re probably energised to get stuck straight in – so HERE is your Sales Audit Worksheet – to give you clarity on exactly where you’re at with your sales, and how your past performance and mindset may impact your future sales goals.